Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 6 mins
- 5-6 medium zucchini
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup unsalted shelled pistachios
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil plus 2 tbsp
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 500 grams of peeled raw prawns
- 1-2 teaspoons of chosen seasoning for prawns
- Use a spiral vegetable slicer or peeler to cut zucchini lengthwise into long, thin strands or strips. Only use the flesh part of the zucchini and discard seeds.
- Place the zucchini noodles in a colander and toss with ½ teaspoon salt.
- Drain the zucchini for 15 to 30 minutes, and then gently squeeze to remove any excess water.
- In a bowl, combine avocado, basil, pistachios, lemon juice, pepper and the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt
- Place the contents into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add ¼ cup oil and process until smooth.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat and add garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Coat the prawns with your chosen seasoning and then add to the pan stirring occasionally, until the prawns are almost cooked through which should take roughly 3 to 4 minutes. Remove and leave on a plate when cooked
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan. Add the drained zucchini noodles and gently toss until hot, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the zucchini noodles to a bowl, add the pesto from the food processor, add your prawns and gently toss to combine.
Image and full recipe source: bit.ly/eatingwellzucn