Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped brown onion
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 can of black or kidney beans
- ¾ cup tomato sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup grated cheese
- coriander, avocado, sour cream or Greek yoghurt for garnish
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Poke holes in sweet potatoes with a fork then place on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Lightly coat with some olive oil and salt
- Roast sweet potatoes in the oven for up to an hour or until you can poke a fork into the middle.
- Heat some oil over medium-high heat.
- Add in onion, capsicum and garlic and cook until onions soften.
- Mix in chili powder, oregano, cumin and chili powder and stir for 1 minute.
- Mix in beans and tomato sauce.
- Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper or additional spices.
- Once sweet potatoes are done, split them open by slicing down the middle
- Place a large spoonful of sauce in each sweet potato then sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Place back in the oven for 5 minutes to melt the cheese
- Top sweet potatoes with coriander, avocado and greek yogurt or sour cream to serve
Image and full recipe source: Ambitious Kitchen