Serves: 21 slices
Prep time: 30 mins
- 2 cups unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup creamy nut butter e.g. peanut or almond butter
- 1/4 cup melted cocoa butter
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 whole fresh pitted dates; roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp cacao nibs for topping
- Line a baking pan with baking paper and set aside
- Add coconut to a food processor and mix until liquid paste is formed - about 4 minutes
- Add nut butter, melted cocoa butter, cacao powder, maple syrup, sea salt, and vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined
- Add chopped dates and mix once more to combine.
- Taste and adjust flavour as needed, adding more vanilla for vanilla flavour, cacao powder for chocolate flavour, maple syrup for sweetness, or nut butter for nuttiness.
- If the mixture appears too thick, add a bit more maple syrup or melted cocoa butter
- Transfer the mixture to the baking pan and spread into an even layer.
- Top with cacao nibs and loosely cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes, or until firm to the touch
- Remove from freezer and cut into even squares and enjoy!
Image and full recipe source: Minimalist Baker