Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
- 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced into 1 inch cubes
- ½ head of cauliflower, cut into small pieces (about 2-3 cups)
- 1 capsicum, diced
- 2 carrots, thinly diced or chopped
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cumin
- ⅛ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup vegetarian broth
- ¼ cup roasted cashews, ground
- 1 pack of tofu, drained and cubed
- To garnish: coriander and extra cashews
- Add coconut oil to a large pot and place over medium heat.
- Add in garlic, ginger, jalapeno, sweet potato, cauliflower, capsicum, and carrots.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until carrots start to soften.
- Stir in curry powder, turmeric, cumin, cinnamon and salt.
- Add in coconut milk, tomato sauce, vegetarian broth and ground cashews and stir until smooth.
- Gently add in tofu and stir.
- Simmer on low heat for 20 minutes
- Serve with rice and garnish with coriander and cashews
Image and full recipe source: Ambitious Kitchen