- 125g sweet potato, peeled, diced
- 1/4 red capsicum, seeded, diced
- 1/4 yellow capsicum, seeded, diced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 50 grams wild rice
- 1 tbl sunflower seeds, lightly roasted
- 1 tbl chopped flat-lead parsley
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh orange juice
- 1/2 tbl white balsamic vinegar
- 50g haloumi, cut 1cm-thick slices
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place sweet potato and capsicum on prepared tray; sprinkle vegetables with cumin and spray with olive oil. Roast for 30 minutes, or until vegies are tender and golden.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Cook wild rice according to packet instructions (for about 35 minutes) until just tender. Drain rice well; leave to cool.
- Place roast vegetables, cooled rice, celery, sunflower seeds and parsley in a large bowl.
- Make Orange dressing: Whisk olive oil, orange juice, vinegar and extra cumin in a small bowl. Pour dressing onto salad; toss lightly.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil and set over high heat.
- Cook haloumi for 1–2 minutes per side, or until golden; tear into rough pieces and add on top of salad.
A nutritious and fulfilling salad, for lunch or dinner. The wild rice has many health beneifts and is high in protein and is rich in antioxidants up to 30 times more than white rice!