Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Strawberry Spinach Salad:
- 3/4 cup raw pecans
- 1/2 small red onion — very thinly sliced
- 250 grams fresh baby spinach
- 2 punnets of strawberries — hulled and quartered
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Poppy Seed Dressing:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Spread the pecans in a single layer of a baking paper and bake for 8 to 10 minutes
- When the pecans smell fragrant and the pecan is broken in half, transfer to a chopping board and roughly chop.
- Place the sliced red onion in a bowl and cover with cold water.
- To prepare the dressing, in small mixing bowl cup, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients—vinegar, oil, poppy seeds, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper—until well combined.
- Place the spinach in a large serving bowl and add the strawberries.
- Drain the red onion and add to the bowl.
- Drizzle about half of the dressing over the salad and toss to coat the leaves.
- Add the feta and pecans. Toss lightly to combine.
- Serve immediately, with extra dressing on the side as desired.
Image and full recipe source: Well Plated