Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 2 tsp ground white pepper
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
- 1/2 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 tsp sriracha chilli sauce
- Micro herbs, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Trim the cauliflower and cut into large pieces.
- Sift the flour, paprika, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne and a large pinch of salt onto a large plate and then stir in the oregano.
- Pour the buttermilk into a shallow dish.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate shallow dish.
- Place the cauliflower in the buttermilk and turn to coat well.
- Add to the flour mixture and toss to coat. Shake off excess.
- Add to the egg and turn to coat well, draining excess before returning to the flour mixture. Turn to coat well. Transfer to a plate.
- Pre-heat vegetable oil over a medium-high heat in a large saucepan.
- Fry 4 to 5 pieces at a time of the cauliflower for 2 minutes or until golden.
- Once cooked transfer to a tray lined with paper towel to drain.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a serving dish and season with salt.
- Combine the mayonnaise and chilli sauce in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle micro herbs over the fried cauliflower.
- Serve with the mayonnaise mixture and lemon.
Image and full recipe source: Taste Australia