Serves: 16 squares
Prep time: 45 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
For the shortbread base
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
For the salted tahini caramel
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp sea salt
For the chocolate layer:
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Line an square pan with baking paper
- In a bowl add the almond flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt and mix together with a fork until it forms a nice thick crumb texture.
- Add to pan and use your fingers to evenly press down into the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to cool
- To make the salted tahini caramel, add the tahini, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract and sea salt to a medium pot
- Place over medium-low heat for approximately 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When cooked, pour over the cooled crust.
- Place in fridge for an 1 hour to set
- To make the chocolate layer, add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl
- Microwave on high in 30 second increments, stirring in between until chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour the chocolate over the caramel layer
- Place in fridge for an hour until chocolate is completely hardened
- Remove bars from pan and cut into even pieces
Image and full recipe source: Ambitious Kitchen