Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 3 hrs 20 mins
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 4 frenched lamb shanks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5cm piece (25g) ginger, chopped
- 2 tsp each mild curry powder, chilli powder, ground turmeric, ground coriander seeds, fennel seeds and cumin
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 800ml coconut milk
- 4 cups (1L) chicken stock
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 bunch broccolini, chopped
- 1 bunch kale, stalks removed, finely chopped
- Baby shiso leaves, to serve.
- Heat the oil in a large cast-iron pan over medium-high heat. Season lamb and cook, turning, for 8 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan using tongs and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add onion, garlic and ginger, and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Return lamb to pan with spices, coconut milk and stock, and simmer gently for 3 hours or until lamb is tender. Add chickpeas, broccolini and kale, and cook for a further 4 minutes or until tender.
- Serve topped with baby shiso.