Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cleaned and cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 4 cups steamed broccoli or green beans
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2.5 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tsp pepper
- In a large frying pan heat the toasted sesame oil
- Add in the cubed chicken and cook for approximately 5-10 minutes or until the edges are brown and slightly crispy
- Once the chicken is thoroughly cooked remove it from the pan and place it off to the side in a bowl.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, stir together the orange juice, chicken stock, coconut aminos, honey, garlic powder, fresh ginger, pepper and orange zest
- Pour the sauce mixture into the same pan the chicken was cooked.
- Cook the sauce mixture for 15-20 minutes or until thick remembering to stir every minute
- When the sauce thickens, add the cooked chicken back to the pan to coat with the sauce and warm
- Prepare the broccoli or green beans and steam until cooked but still with a bit of crunch!
- Serve over steamed broccoli or green beans and sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve
Image and full recipe source: The Clean Eating Couple