Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- 420g tin cooked chickpeas
- 2 tsp plus 1 heaped tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 long red chilli, sliced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 120 ml coconut milk
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- Juice of one lime
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small cucumber, thickly sliced
- Coriander leaves
- Mint leaves
- Basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Spread the chickpeas on a baking tray, toss with two teaspoons coconut oil and roast for 10-15 minutes until crisp and dried.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- On a chopping board cut the cherry tomatoes in half and thickly slice the cucumber
- Heat a pan to medium heat, add one heaped tablespoon coconut oil and the garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the turmeric and mix, then add the coconut milk and allow this to bubble up and simmer for two minutes.
- Add the sugar and fish sauce and mix to combine. Pour this mixture into a jar or small bowl and allow to cool.
- Add lime juice and check for seasoning
- Combine the chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber, herbs and the dressing in a large mixing bowl and serve at room temperature.
Image and full recipe: Goodfood Australia