Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 hour
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups marinara
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- Pinch of crushed red chilli flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 350 g fresh or frozen breaded chicken, cooked according to package instructions and diced
- 4 capsicums, halved and seeds removed
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups mozzarella, parmesan, garlic, marinara, parsley, and red chilli flakes, and season with salt and pepper. Stir until combined, then gently fold in chicken.
- Spoon mixture into halved capsicums and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella.
- Pour chicken stock into baking dish (to help the capsicums steam) and cover with foil.
- Bake until capsicums are tender, 55 minutes to 1 hour. Uncover and broil 2 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and more parmesan before serving.
Image and recipe source: bit.ly/delishchickenparmpeppers