Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 40 mins (includes salad marinating time)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp black and white chia seeds
- 4 pieces tuna loin, approx 100g each
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 parsnip, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sugar, or 1 tsp stevia
- 125g (½ cup) light sour cream
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
To make the salad, combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and white pepper.
Add rainbow salad ingredients. Mix gently. Allow to stand for 30 minutes while tuna is prepared.
Combine the sesame seeds and chia seeds in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Add tuna steaks into the bowl and firmly coat surface with seeds.
Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick frying pan. Sear the tuna until lightly browned, about 2 minutes each side. Allow the tuna to rest for 3-4 minutes, then slice into 2cm strips.
Divide the rainbow salad among 4 plates and top with the tuna strips.
Image and full recipe source: The House of Wellness