Five Dock Leisure Centre Gymnastics is run in an Olympic standard gymnastics hall by a strong team of staff and coaches - many of which were once gymnasts themselves and have been with the club since it first opened in 1991.
Our excellent team of coaches work together to improve your child's gymnastics ability and foster a love for the sport. Coaches maintain their qualifications and current techniques by attending workshops run by the NSW Gymnastics Association, attending judging courses and observing training methods used by other senior coaches.
We also have regular meetings to discuss up to date requirements and issues within the gymnastics hall.
Five Dock Leisure Centre Gymnastics also has an impressive team of highly qualified and experienced judges. Our judges are up to date and active members of the gymnastics community and if you are willing to learn more about your child's sport, and develop a new skill, speak to your child's coach or the Gymnastics Coordinator on how to become a judge.
Programs are run for children of all ages and abilities from Pre-School to National level.
"To assist each child to reach their individual potential by encouraging
and assisting them to reach their personal goals in gymnastics"
- To provide a fully equipped gymnastics centre offering a variety of gymnastics classes for all ages and abilities within the community.
- To provide a safe, educational, caring and stimulating environment which provides programs designed to build self confidence and esteem.
- To provide you and your child with highly qualified and experienced Gymnastics coaches and a professional approach to teaching gymnastics.
- To maintain a high quality of technical expertise in the judging and coaching areas through the active involvement in accreditation, workshops and updating courses.
- To support the Australian Gymnastics Federation (AGF) National Program and to offer talented children the opportunity to maximise their performance potential.
- To encourage all our gymnasts to reach their personal competitive goals, whether at Club, Regional, State or National levels.